Thursday, August 18, 2011

letting go...

such an easy concept...forgiveness + letting go = freedom

i think the only way to really learn forgiveness is to be betrayed - intellectually it makes sense, this concept of forgiveness, but it is sometimes difficult to actually feel forgiveness...to let it go.  it is the age old disconnect between the heart and the mind. growth demands hurtful experiences in life because you are provided opportunities to practice love, feel grateful for the lesson, and move forward.

i have had my fair share of life lessons.  i've let people take advantage of me, and i have accepted way less than what i deserve. i struggle...a lot.  some of my struggles involve making choices, some are a result of the the choices i have made, and some result from the choices others make that affect my life.  i can't always control everything in my life, but i can control how i respond - i can control what i choose to hold on to and what i choose to let go.

forgiveness is liberating.  i have learned to forgive myself by learning to forgive others.  i can own all my junk and i am thankful for every problem, pressure, pain, temptation, trial, and tribulation because they were necessary in the development of me. i realize everyone else has their fair share of junk too.

i live, i learn, i love, and i let go...
peace & bliss,
amy


No comments:

Post a Comment